Somewhere between finishing my ancient city final and gazing out at the clear, sunny blue sky, I've realized something.
I don't want to leave.
I wonder how much of that is because I have to?
It makes perfect sense now why they tell you to study abroad for a full year, if you can. There were times, halfway through the semester or so, when I said I was ready to go home. But weeks later, I feel like I've finally acclimated to life in Italy, to the Centro, to my classmates. I feel settled. I don't want to be uprooted again. I haven't soaked up enough of Rome. There's so much more to see, to do, to try; in four months I've only scratched the surface. Don't get me wrong, I'm still excited to come home! I just can't believe that this is over, that it's all behind me now. It seemed so momentous when I started out, and now it's just...part of me. I like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
you what?!? i knew you shouldn't have left in the first place, you get a little whiff of the real world and then you're gone forever and you've probably already forgotten on all the little people you left behind. alas.
ahem. i think my forty trillion postcards show that I have NOT forgotten you!
Post a Comment