As I sit amongst my suitcases on the eve of my departure for Rome, the realization hits me: for the first time, I am not facing a packing crisis of epic proportions! (I know, it came as quite a shock to me too!) By some act of god I have managed to fit all the necessities into my bags with a little room to spare. This has never happened before! I just don't understand it. There must be something huge I'm forgetting. Like a circus tent or the like. But no, I've triple-checked my lists and everything seems in order (knock on wood)...I haven't attempted to actually lift my suitcases yet, but that is a trifling detail at this point. Wouldn't you say? (The answer is yes.)
It's kind of strange that I'm not nervous right now. There's no gut-twisty feeling of anxiety, no preliminary nervous spasms...nope, I'm feeling pretty good! For now anyway...once I'm faced with the terror that is the Roman taxi ride, the panic will surely take hold.
Wish me luck! This time tomorrow I'll be over the Atlantic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
first post! yay! i hope you have a very safe flight, but if not remember that your seat cushion acts as a flotation device and make sure to get your own life jacket on before helping others. love you!
wow..i can't believe you still have room. well i guess that means you have the opportunity to buy more stuff without having to buy an extra italian fine leather suitcase. Have a safe trip!!!
Don't let the gypsies throw a baby at you and steal your stuff ;)
nice use of italian in the subject line, amica! you rock at this shit already - so kiss her ass program bitches! bwa ha ha!! ok enough of that. i miss you already with the fire of a thousand roman suns (and that's a lot of heat, believe you me... or believe yourself cause you're already there and you know how hot it is). smooches! talk soon! tissies
Post a Comment